Friday, March 02, 2012

GLUTEN FREE APPLE FRITTERS


I made fries the other night, but did not want to pour the oil back in the bottle just yet, too messy without a funnel after just one use. 
So Victoria made apple fritters today. After she finally saw me use oil over the open flame and not incinerate the house, she is fine with it too.

If I tell you, they were almost as good as donuts without a hole at Krispy Kreme. Victoria mixed in some orange zest to add flavor. The apple sauce was made from some great local apples which are are tart, almost sour to eat. However in baking, with the sugar and dough, fantastic.

Who wants to come to France and eat with us?


APPLE FRITTERS WITH ORANGE ZEST

LIGHT, TASTY GOODNESS

MAKE THE DOUGH WITH GFP FLOUR MIX

MIX IN THE APPLE PUREE

HEAT THE OIL

DROP THEM IN LIKE SO 

TURN THEM AFTER A FEW

ADD THE SUGAR AND EAT THEM ALL

4 comments:

Jessmeca said...

I'm so jealous I really want to live in france n eat what you do, having travelled to England, Canada n a lot of Australia Victorias bread is still the best I have tasted!!

I will be hopefully in France this year for a short time, recommendations for Paris eating???

H.Peter said...

Steak Frites and Crepes sarrasin are good...but in general France is a bit behind with the whole GF thing

Nadege said...

They are so lovely! I haven't cooked nor eaten anything fried in oil in such a long time, my system would go into shock.

H.Peter said...

yes Nadege, not the most healthy way to cook.
But sometimes you know, it's worth it.