Sunday, February 05, 2012

THE PIZZA TRUCK



Villeneuve la Comtesse is hard on the border with the next department, Deux Sevres. Think Oyen Alberta. Right next door to Saskatchewan.
The first village over is Prissé-la-Charrière. Every time we go to Niort, we drive through that village. And every time there and back I see a sign that offers Pizza from 6 to 10pm. Very tempting. Can't see a restaurant, just a fence.

This weekend, I left my gluten free family behind and made the trek of about 5 miles, to see what the sign is all about. The fence is not that, but a gate that by now was open and hidden behind it, a permanent Pizza truck with a wood fired oven. Oh gluten joy.

Friendly owner, simple menu. Great vibes. I placed my order, some small talk about the Pizza business and a few minutes later I had my Pizza. There is a small set up with a couple of tables in the courtyard, but it was nippy out, the car had to make do. 
Crispy, thin crust Pizza with all the right toppings (other than CUBED ham??), all that from a wood fired oven in the middle of nowhere. I really enjoy a good Pizza. 
Maybe a notch below FAMOSO'S Pizza and definitely not as inventive as these guys: http://www.kevinkossowan.com/episode-31-pizza/   but let  me tell you, for 6.00 Euros per simple Margarita pie from a wood fired oven, it's excellent. I am not sure how we consumers got suckered into paying 18 bucks at Domino's.





ALREADY IN DEUX SEVRES


GREAT HOURS. FOR THE OWNER

PERMANENT LOCATION

WOOD FIRED OVEN!

A VERY GOOD PIZZA


No comments: